Hey guys,
Again apologies for the obscene delay in the publication of this blog, pretty much no excuses as always! I hope 2012 is treating you all well. Anywho, lets have a general update. Well online in January was going pretty good with two 1st's and 3rd in 109s on stars for just under 9k and a 2nd in the 55 cap for 2.3k. However, bigger scores are still eluding me on stars which is of course pretty frustrating. Probably repeating myself by saying 'I feel they are just around the corner', however I'm still sticking to that mentality. It still ending up being a winning month but not anywhere near what I felt it could/should of have been. Saying that, when it comes to Mtts it's really important to stay positive and just understand the variance involved. In reality, it's all about the long run and if you're a winning player, then well, you are going to win. It might not be this month or even next month, however in the long haul there is going to be a positive outcome.
It's really interesting looking at results of the some biggest online winners. I often breeze through OPR (Official Poker Rankings) being the cool person I am and look up how the huge winners are doing. Something that I have noticed is that some huge winners, have what you would call 'off' years. Where they break even or even lose. This really displays the sick nature of mtts and how variance effects everyone no matter how good you are. If a reg is going from winning 200k+ one year and then losing the next, we could say 'well he must have played better in his winning year'. When in reality, this perhaps wasn't the case. Maybe he just won more flips deep in big tournaments when it mattered.
As a poker player and as a human being, it's natural to moan when we lose say an 80/20 deep. However, from personal experience, you always seem to remember the bad beats more than the 'get there's'. In a time where online poker is becoming a degree tougher (especially on Pokerstars) it's essential to understand the nature of tournaments and not get bogged down in running bad or finishing 10th a bunch. This is certainly an area of my game that I'm trying to perfect as the initial sting of wasted deep runs still hurts! It is important to realise that as with many things in life, poker is all about the long game.
Going back to this year, I've decided to lower my variance by playing sites such as 888, Party and maybe Ladbrokes and Ipoker, Firstly, this may hinder my chances of getting Supernova on Stars as obviously I'll have to cut down my volume by about 20% to accommodate tables on these sites. However, after getting 12k VPPs in January I still feel I can make Supernova by Christmas. Secondly, as the field size on these sites is much lower, I should make more finals and making finals is the best thing for both profit and confidence. So while I have to reduce my Stars volume, I hope playing more sites will keep my confidence high,say if I start having a dry patch on Stars and Fr.Feeling really good about my game at the moment and playing my first Sunday in a while today so hopefully that goes well! oioiii!
In fact, I randomly decided to play live yesterday at the Fox 300 and made day 2 with a reshove stack, so lets try and spin to £13k! This tournament is actually the most hilarious thing ever. I noticed a gentleman had lots of chips at the end of day and was reminded of an occasion when after winning a massive flip vs me deep started doing yoga at the side of the stable, quieting chuckling to himself.REVENGE ONE TIME. And Oh yeah, Wattsy was on my table yesterday and actually held a bluff over the muck trying to get the guy to call. Of course the guy folds A9 on 789910 face up,Wattsy laughs, looks at me instantly and shows a3ss for Ace high, you can't get entertainment like that on any of the zillions of channels you get on Sky. Amazing Times.
Off to Newcastle on Thursday (Yay) to watch Brand New (YAY) with Sykesy (YAYYYYY), really looking forward to it and catching up with the crew over the weekend. So morale is pretty high, it's Sunday and I could spin to £13k, just let morale be this high at 11pm! Lol pokers.
Thanks for reading
Brady
Oh Yeah Glglgl to Beaneh on the FT of a 500 Euro Deepstack in Ireland 63k Euro ftw, legggoooo, Good ruck son (get there 2.5%)
Here's some classic Brand New for you to enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJIc9USE2U
No comments:
Post a Comment