Howdy amigos,
Well, well well it's 2012, so firstly Happy New Year! I hope it is a good year for you all and all your dreams come true and shit.
Apologies again for delay in the writing the blog, again literally no excuses! I'll do a quick December recap to make up for this...
Well in terms of poker, the year ended on a rather sour note. After a great start ( 2nd in 55 6 max for nearly 4k and some other finals ) , it all went a bit pear shaped. I managed to have a decent losing month on .FR again and eventually dusted off any profit on .com. All this culminating in pretty awful Christmas present to myself, a substantial hole to dig out of.
Despite this setback, I'm overall pretty happy with my year. My profit has increased by over 100% from 2010 and although the majority of it came from one tournament, I still feel I can look back on the year positively.
In recent months, I have managed to play comfortably over 12 tables and play anywhere from 50-80 tournaments in a session. Kicking up my volume like this can only be a good thing in my opinion and should really help my game develop in 2012. In fact, I know aim to achieve Supernova Status this year.
In terms of how my game has moved in the last 12 months, I feel as a backed player I've developed my self control and tilt management, which was probably a bit of issue for quite a while. Understanding the variance involved in tournaments has really helped with downswings and ensuring that my game doesn't suffer simply because the cards aren't running my way.
The main area of my game which has improved is applying pressure deep in tournaments and trying to ensure that I maximise any deep runs that I have. This is certainly an area that I still to improve on but I take lines now that I probably wouldn't have even considered a year ago. I have many people to thank for helping me develop this part of my game and most of them say 'ballist' a fair bit and know who they are anyway!
Anywho, moving onto 2012. My main target this year is to again double the profit I made on the previous year. However daunting, I do feel this is an achievable target. I know that in tournaments literally anything can happen but I have to have a positive outlook!
In the last couple of months, I've started working again 3 days a week and earning steady money really helps take the pressure off when things are not going well. It also helps me to maintain a better life balance, in so that I'm not getting too bogged down with poker and can catch up with friends etc. This in turn puts me in a better state for the long sessions I have been playing.
My main life aim in 2012 is to maintain an at least decent level of fitness, I was supposed to run 3 10k's last summer when in fact all I did was run to the toilet during breaks in 1k tournaments in Vegas. So hopefully I can try and do some 5k and 10k runs this year, maybe get some prop bets going to motivate! ( lemme know if interested).
Speaking of prop bets, in my drunken enthusiasm on NYE I booked a total profit bet with Will and Jamie Dale for 2012, so GL to me there. Freeroll Christmas one time! anyone else who fancies yearly total profit prop bets profit I'd probably be interested also as I want loads of motivation this year.
Final aim of 2012 is to stop being such a c@&t and catch up way more with hombres that I do not see nearly enough. If of course they are still my hombres! #forgivemeboys
Just back home from send off drinks for my good friend James Austin as he departs to Sheffield for further study ( hanging out with female fresher housemates*).Also watched a rather fantastic football match, shame it wasn't in 3D though :-). (Oh dear Jono, Chelsea may be awful but that was incred!).
Anyway think I'll wrap things up there.
I promise future blogs will be less self centered and purely about poker aims. (Apologies non poker playing readers)
Cheers for reading
Brady
No comments:
Post a Comment